Would you like to serve as a mediator in your family, workplace, or community? Perhaps you are simply interested in learning the skills and strategies mediators use to enhance your ability to manage difficult conversations. Either way, we have the best trainings for you! Our 40-hour mediation training will give you the skills and strategies you need—and is the first step in the process of becoming a certified mediator.
Our mediation trainings meet the statewide standards set by Resolution WA (Resolutionwa.org) and are approved by the Washington Mediation Association. Trainings are held at our office, 717 Tacoma Ave. S., Tacoma, WA 98402.
Basic Mediation Training (5-Day)
Learn the process of mediation, communication skills, and peaceful conflict resolution. Demonstrating the skills taught in this 40-hour class will enable you to explore peaceful and constructive approaches to conflict in the workplace, home, and your community.
Recognized for 37.5 Credits (CLE, CEU, Clock Hours) by:
- Washington State Bar Association (WSBA) Attorneys
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Social Workers, Therapists, and Counselors
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) Educators
Spring 2020 BMT: 3/5 - 3/7, 3/13 and 3/14
Summer 2020 BMT: 7/8 - 7/10, 7/15, and 7/16
Fall 2020 BMT: 10/2 - 10/4, 10/17, and 10/18
Settlement Conference Training
- Standards of Conduct
- Local Court Rules
- Working with Pro Se Parties
- Uniform Mediation Act RCW 7.07
- Superior & District Court cases
- CLE Credits 3.0 (1.0 Ethics)
The Center provides CLEs in exchange for those who commit to serve on the Panel.
- Wed., January 22nd (9am - 1pm)
- Thurs., June 11th (1pm - 5pm)
- Thurs., November 12th (1pm - 5pm)
Small Claims Training
Training dates to be announced soon!