Would you like to serve as a mediator in your family, workplace, or community? Perhaps you are simply interested in learning the skills and strategies mediators use to enhance your ability to manage difficult conversations. Either way, we have the best trainings for you! Our 40-hour mediation training will give you the skills and strategies you need—and is the first step in the process of becoming a certified mediator.
Our mediation trainings meet the statewide standards set by Resolution WA (Resolutionwa.org) and are approved by the Washington Mediation Association. Trainings are held at our office, 717 Tacoma Ave. S., Tacoma, WA 98402.
Basic Mediation Training (6-Day)
Learn the process of mediation, communication skills, and peaceful conflict resolution. Demonstrating the skills taught in this 40-hour class will enable you to explore peaceful and constructive approaches to conflict in the workplace, home, and your community.
Recognized for 37.5 Credits (CLE, CEU, Clock Hours) by:
- Washington State Bar Association (WSBA) Attorneys
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Social Workers, Therapists, and Counselors
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) Educators
2022 Basic Mediation Training Schedule:
- Spring: March 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, & 17
- Summer: July 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, & 15
- Fall: September 27, 28, 29, October 11, 12, & 13
Time commitment: Daily from 9:00 AM PST - 5:00 PM PST (Break from 12noon - 2:00 PM PST)
- $700 Registration
- $550 Group Registration (3+ attendees from the same organization)
- $650 Early Bird Special (Pay in full & register 30 working days prior to training session)
Settlement Conference Training
both options are held from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm PST
- Tuesday, May 25th
- Tuesday, November 23rd
- Professional Standards of Conduct
- Local Court Rules
- Working with Pro Se Parties
- Uniform Mediation Act RCW 7.07
- Best Practices; Joint Session vs. Shuttle
- Superior & District Court cases
- CLE Credits 3.0 (0.75 Ethics)
The Center provides CLEs in exchange for those who commit to serve on the Panel.
Small Claims Training
Training dates to be announced soon!