- BMT Fall 2019
September 27, 2019 - October 12, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The July 2019 Basic Mediation Training is full
To add your name to the waiting list, please email Reception@CenterForResolution.org
37.75 CLE credits (7.75 ethics)*, 37.5 Clock Hour credits,
Marriage & family/mental health/social workers 37.5 CEU credits**
Formal training in facilitating parties to work to resolve conflict! CDR is offering a Washington Mediation Association approved course, teaching the process of mediation, communication skills and conflict dynamics to promote peaceful and constructive approaches to conflict and its resolution. Whether in the workplace, home, or in our community, this course will explore skills that can be used in all aspects of your life.
Trainees who have completed the course are eligible to begin the Practicum at CDR to become a certified mediator.
This experiential 40-hour, 5-Day training includes a comprehensive manual covering the the points noted below. Everyday begins at 8:30 am and ends at 5:30 pm, you MUST attend all hours and days in order to participate.
- Overview of Conflict Resolution systems
- Conflict dynamics, styles, and resolution concepts
- The 8-stage mediation model
- Interpersonal communication skills
- The role of the mediator, neutrality & bias
- Positions, interests, values, and basic needs
- Mediator ethics, protocol, and professional standards
- Cultural diversity
- Certificate of completion of training