- BMT Fall 2021
September 28, 2021 - October 14, 2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Formal training in facilitating parties to work to resolve conflict peacefully!
2021 BMT Schedule:
Summer July 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, & 16
Fall Sept., 28, 29, 30, Oct. 12, 13, & 14
37.75 CLE credits (7.75 ethics)*, 37.5 Clock Hour credits,
Marriage & family/mental health/social workers 37.5 CEU credits**
CDR offers a Washington Mediation Association approved course teaching the process of mediation, communication skills, and conflict dynamics to promote peaceful and constructive approaches to conflict and its resolution. Whether in the workplace, in you home, or in our community, this course will explore skills that can be used in all aspects of your life.
Trainees who have completed this training course are eligible to begin the Practicum program at CDR to become a certified mediator.
This experiential 40-hour, 5-day training includes a comprehensive manual covering the following agenda items:
- Overview of Conflict Resolution systems
- Conflict dynamics, styles, and resolution concepts
- The 8-stage mediation model
- Interpersonal communication skills
- The role of the mediator, neutrality & bias
- Positions, interests, values, and basic needs
- Mediator ethics, protocol, and professional standards
- Cultural diversity
- Certificate of completion of training
- $700 Registration
- $550 Group Registration (3+ attendees from the same organization)
- $650 Early Bird Special (Pay in full & register 30 working days prior to training session)