- BMT Spring 2020
March 5, 2020 - March 14, 2020
8:30 am - 6:30 pm
- BMT Summer 2020
July 8, 2020 - July 16, 2020
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Formal training in facilitating parties to work to resolve conflict peacefully!
*** Fall 2020 POSTPONED ***
37.75 CLE credits (7.75 ethics)*, 37.5 Clock Hour credits,
Marriage & family/mental health/social workers 37.5 CEU credits**
CDR offers a Washington Mediation Association approved course teaching the process of mediation, communication skills, and conflict dynamics to promote peaceful and constructive approaches to conflict and its resolution. Whether in the workplace, in you home, or in our community, this course will explore skills that can be used in all aspects of your life.
Trainees who have completed this training course are eligible to begin the Practicum program at CDR to become a certified mediator.
This experiential 40-hour, 5-day training includes a comprehensive manual covering the following agenda items:
- Overview of Conflict Resolution systems
- Conflict dynamics, styles, and resolution concepts
- The 8-stage mediation model
- Interpersonal communication skills
- The role of the mediator, neutrality & bias
- Positions, interests, values, and basic needs
- Mediator ethics, protocol, and professional standards
- Cultural diversity
- Certificate of completion of training