Fees & Policies
All parties’ fees are due in full prior to scheduling a mediation session.
Rescheduling & Cancellations:
- The party who postpones A) within 10 business days of the scheduled mediation date will pay a rescheduling fee of $50.00 or B) within 2 business days will pay a rescheduling fee of $200.00
- Parties must agree on and re-schedule a new mediation within 60 days of the postponement date.
- When a session is cancelled within 10 business days of a scheduled mediation by any party, the entire fee for both parties is nonrefundable.
- When a case is closed prior to being scheduled or a session is cancelled prior to 10 business days before the scheduled mediation date by any party, CDR retains $100.00 per party for administrative services.
When an additional session is requested following a completed mediation, standard mediation rates apply.
Support people are welcome to use our waiting room and will be available to you during session breaks. Only by mutual agreement will a Support Person be present in the mediation room. To proceed without delay, please inform us of your intended support person at the time of payment.
If you are receiving public assistance or have reduced income, you may qualify for a reduced mediation payment. To find out if you qualify, you must provide the following information while completing our Request A Mediation form. In this form you will be asked to provide the following:
- Supporting documents showing three (3) months of household income (i.e. Disability/Social Security award letter, child support payment, bank statements, pay stubs, unemployment stubs, public assistance verification).
- Household income = everyone in your household that you eat your meals with, share expenses and income with, or support each other in any way; all of their income(s) are to be included as household income.
- $50 non-refundable deposit