Home > Mediation > Foreclosure Mediation

Foreclosure Mediation

The Foreclosure Fairness Act provides Washington homeowners facing foreclosure the opportunity to mediate with the lender.

Homeowners desiring to participate in a foreclosure mediation must be referred by a housing counselor or attorney, call 877.894.HOME (4663) today.

Foreclosure mediation takes place with both the homeowner and a representative of the lender present. Together, they review available options to help the homeowner keep his/her home or find a way to plan a graceful exit. A mediator is there to help the discussion between the parties, with the goal of reaching a fair, voluntary, and negotiated agreement.

Housing counseling is available to help homeowners understand their options, determine the best course of action, and support them through the mediation process. This service is FREE to the homeowner.

Get started today, contact a housing counselor to request your mediation, 877.894.HOME (4663). You can also contact the statewide civil legal aid hotline for legal assistance and referrals at 1-800-606-4819 or visit Washington Law Help